To be a premier member-owned private golf club in the San Francisco Bay Area.
To offer members a championship golf course designed by Robert Hunter and William Watson in 1920 with incomparable views of the Bay Area. Berkeley Country Club (BCC) provides both casual and elegant dining with a range of fun social activities in a historic clubhouse designed by noted architect Walter Ratcliffe, Jr. We celebrate our long history of diversity in a friendly and welcoming environment, making BCC a very special place for our multi-generational membership.
• Encourage inclusion, participation and a sense of belonging in a respectful atmosphere for members, guests and staff.
• Promote enjoyable activities and interactions among members and guests
• Grow the game of golf through outreach to and program activities for younger generations.
• Treat our employees as important contributors and empower them to act in the best interests of our club.
• Govern in a transparent manner, providing clear information to members and encouraging their input.
• Manage the club in a fiscally prudent and sustainable manner.
• Commit to the growth and retention of memberships.
• Encourage and foster a volunteer ethic within our membership.
• Share our appreciation for the game of golf, its traditions and life lessons.
• Serve as responsible and caring stewards of our club to continuously improve the course and facilities.
• Continue to respect our environment and be good citizens of our surrounding communities.